For our spiritual and academic curriculum at Foothills Christian Preschool, we utilize “Pathways For Preschool” created by BJU.
All BJU Press materials are thoroughly Bible-based with a strong Christian worldview.
- Age appropriate
- The materials present age-appropriate concepts and skills.
- A variety of activities help promote readiness.
- Developmentally appropriate
- The instruction and activities are based on research showing that children develop at different rates spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially.
- The materials provide many natural, age-appropriate opportunities at a wide variety of levels.
- The program allows the teacher to identify and address each child’s individual needs.
- The teacher is the key.
- The teacher is able to have a flexible schedule within a familiar routine.
- The program offers the teacher many choices for activities and presentation of materials based on the children’s level of development and learning styles.
- A large selection of hands-on, experience-based activities promote development and learning.
- Children observe, explore, and learn while participating in fun, age-appropriate activities.
- Children discover and experience. Discovery learning is vital to developing children’s problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Numerous opportunities are provided to involve the children in conversation and language.
- The teacher is encouraged to engage the children mentally and verbally through higher-level questioning.
- Literal: How many pigs were there?
- Interpretive: Why did the wolf want to blow the houses down?
- Critical: What kind of house do you think the pigs will build next time?
- Appreciative: What kind of a house would you want to live in?
- The children will have fun and look forward to coming to school each day!