For our spiritual and academic curriculum at Foothills Christian Preschool, we utilize “Pathways For Preschool” created by BJU.
All BJU Press materials are thoroughly Bible-based with a strong Christian worldview.
- Age appropriate
- The materials present age-appropriate concepts and skills.
- A variety of activities help promote readiness.
- Developmentally appropriate
- The instruction and activities are based on research showing that children develop at different rates spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially.
- The materials provide many natural, age-appropriate opportunities at a wide variety of levels.
- The program allows the teacher to identify and address each child’s individual needs.
- The teacher is the key.
- The teacher is able to have a flexible schedule within a familiar routine.
- The program offers the teacher many choices for activities and presentation of materials based on the children’s level of development and learning styles.
- A large selection of hands-on, experience-based activities promote development and learning.
- Children observe, explore, and learn while participating in fun, age-appropriate activities.
- Children discover and experience. Discovery learning is vital to developing children’s problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Numerous opportunities are provided to involve the children in conversation and language.
- The teacher is encouraged to engage the children mentally and verbally through higher-level questioning.
- Literal: How many pigs were there?
- Interpretive: Why did the wolf want to blow the houses down?
- Critical: What kind of house do you think the pigs will build next time?
- Appreciative: What kind of a house would you want to live in?
- The children will have fun and look forward to coming to school each day!
The Bible component of our curriculum is called “The Bible Truths”. The Bible Truths series by BJU Press gives your child an understanding of the timeless truths of the Bible and challenges him to apply them. From a complete study of the life of Christ to a factual study of every major Old Testament character, the early church, and the themes and topics of the Christian life, Bible Truths builds a foundation for a growing, maturing walk with God.